We know it’s nearly ‘that’ time of year again! Hate to bring it up but the festive season is looming, and you know what that means! Plenty of gatherings, food and drink, as well as good times.
For those of you who may have to drive or don’t drink (hi there!), this non-alcoholic Vanilla Lemonade is not only refreshing but also absolutely delicious! It’s great for the warmer days and perfect as a ‘special’ drink when you can’t or don’t want to have something alcoholic. It also fantastic at as a High Tea beverage instead of champagne or an arvo ‘delight’! (just add vodka if you want to spice this lemonade up!).
Take our word for it, you’ll never want regular lemonade again after trying this beauty J
- 8 large lemons, washed and sliced in 2 cm slices
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 10 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, more as a garnish
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped seeds (or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract)
- 8 cups of cold water
- Place medium mesh strainer in a bowl. Set it aside.
- Scrape the seeds of the vanilla and place them in a small bowl. Do not discard the vanilla pod.
- Place lemon slices, sugar, mint, rosemary, vanilla seeds, and pod in the strainer.
- Using your clean hands, gently massage the lemons to (1) get their juices out and (2) mix everything.
- Cover it with cling film and place it in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or preferably overnight.
- In the morning, again using clean hands massage the lemons to get all their juices out. Strain and discard the solids.
- Pour the concentrated lemon juice into a large pitcher (or jug) and stir in 8 cups of cold water.
- Voila! You are done! Just pour over ice to serve and garnish with basil and rosemary. Enjoy!