- 1 kg carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 bulbs of fennel
- olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1.6 litres organic vegetable stock
- 100 ml single cream
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Peel the carrots and onion, then trim and slice along with the fennel (reserving any herby tops, to garnish). Place in a roasting dish, mix with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then add the unpeeled garlic cloves. Stir everything thoroughly and return to the oven for 20 minutes more, or until the vegetables are soft and browned.
- Remove and discard the papery skins from the garlic cloves. Put the roasted veg in a large pan with the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, then liquidise with a stick blender, until completely smooth.
- Serve with a swirl of cream, a scattering of herby fennel tops (if you have them) and some warm crusty bread.
Thank you Jamie Oliver!